Online Course | Foundations of Wellness and Lifestyle Coaching
This product is an online, self-study course.
This course provides a foundation in wellness and lifestyle coaching skills that can easily be used by fitness and wellness professionals as they help their clients succeed at lifestyle improvement. Become proficient in having The Wellness Coaching Conversation, a conversation that demonstrates understanding while eliciting and empowering the client to choose an active role in their own health. Gain the skills needed to motivate people to make positive lifestyle changes and accomplish goals they never thought possible. Learn a proven coaching methodology that empowers and motivates others. Explore the use wellness and health coaching in your setting.
Course Length: 7 hours
Course Author: Michael Arloski, Ph.D.
Note: This course is not a MedFit Classroom Fitness Specialist course, but it does provide 7 CEUs toward the renewal of any fitness specialization on MedFit Classroom.
CEUs for MedFit Classroom Specializations
This course provides 7 CEUs toward the renewal of any fitness specialization on MedFit Classroom.
- Prologue: Welcome to the Course
- Lesson 1: Introduction to the Course
- Lesson 2: Wellness Foundations
- Lesson 3: Mindset Shift
- Lesson 4: Motivating Wellness from the Inside Out
- Lesson 5: Wellness Coaching Skills (Parts 1-5)
- Lesson 6: Exploring Coaching Questions (Parts 1 and 2)
- Lesson 7: Behavioral Change
- Lesson 8: Having the Wellness Coaching Conversation (Parts 1-4)
- Lesson 9: Wellness Coaching in Your Setting
- Competency Assessment
- Epilogue: References and Resources
- Participants will gain a solid foundational understanding of wellness.
- Participants gain knowledge of health promotion & health education concepts and their role in Wellness Coaching.
- Individuals completing this course will understand and be able to apply the Mindset Shift needed to create the coaching relationship.
- Participants will understand how to create the wellness coaching environment – the facilitative conditions of coaching.
- Participants will demonstrate the ability to hold a wellness coaching conversation – a conversation for change.
- Participants will demonstrate beginning level wellness coaching skills as it applies to lifestyle improvement.
- Participants will demonstrate an understanding of the role of motivation, support and accountability in wellness coaching.
- Participants will demonstrate knowledge of the use of “Readiness for Change” to support a client’s forward movement toward health & wellbeing.
- Participants will understand the role of wellness coaching from prevention through adaptation and rehabilitation.
- Participants will learn a strength based, positive psychology approach to behavioral change and lifestyle improvement.
MedFit Classroom CEUs
This online course provides up to 7 CEUs toward renewal of MedFit Classroom Specializations. Download our CEU chart (PDF) and review page 2 to find out what specializations it will provide credit CEUs for.
About the Author
Dr. Michael Arloski is a licensed psychologist, trainer, consultant, author, speaker, and wellness coach with over 30 years of professional contribution to the wellness industry. A pioneer in the field of wellness coaching, Michael has trained thousands of wellness and health coaches globally. He is founder and president of Real Balance Global Wellness Services Inc. and has presented seminars, keynotes and consultations on four continents, pursuing his mission of taking the concept of wellness worldwide.