Respiratory Disease Fitness Specialist Online Course
This product is an online, self-study course.
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), hundreds of millions of people suffer every day from chronic respiratory diseases. Currently, 235 million people have asthma, 64 million people have chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) while millions have allergic rhinitis and other often-underdiagnosed chronic respiratory diseases.
Respiratory diseases do not discriminate and affect people of every race, sex, and age. Some of your clients may suffer from a respiratory disease and you may be an important source of relief. Fitness professionals can effectively work with those who have a respiratory disease providing them with a better quality of life through movement. You as their health and fitness coach can provide a positive experience to facilitate an effective path to better health and wellness.
In this course, you will learn:
- Fundamental information on respiratory anatomy and physiology, types of respiratory diseases, causes of respiratory diseases, signs and symptoms of respiratory diseases, and traditional treatment for respiratory diseases.
- The impact of Covid19 and the effects of exercise.
- Techniques on prevention along with management of respiratory diseases through exercise.
- How to design and prescribe a proper exercise program including basic nutrition to improve the quality of life for your clients with respiratory disease. With progression tracking, your clients can experience a gradual and pleasant growth in their health and fitness status.
- The science of healthy breathing, offering different breathing techniques that provide the client with many health benefits.
- Marketing and networking strategies on growing your business and brand as a Respiratory Disease Fitness Specialist.
Course Length: 14 Hours
Course Author: Carol Ann, MS
MedFit Network (MFN) Membership
This course includes a free trial of a professional MFN membership. This offer is valid for new members only, and instructions for creating your MFN account will be sent after course purchase. Already a member? Existing MFN members are not eligible to receive a free trial, but do receive a discounted price on MedFit Classroom courses. Check your MFN account for details or contact email@example.com.
Payment plan available for purchases of $399 or more. (3-payment plan. Start for only 1/3 down at time of purchase.)
- Module I: Theory
- Lesson One: Respiratory Anatomy and Physiology
- Lesson Two: Respiratory Disease Epidemiology
- Lesson Three: Respiratory Terms
- Lesson Four: Respiratory Diseases Listed and Categorized
- Lesson Five: Covid-19 Implications
- Lesson Six: The Most Common Respiratory Diseases-Signs, Symptoms, Treatments & Preventions
- Classification of Severity: Individualized management based on classification and comorbidities
- Module II: Application
- Lesson One: Exercise and Chronic Respiratory Disease
- Lesson Two: The Science of Healthy Breathing
- Lesson Three: Scope and Practice for the Health and Fitness Professional
- Lesson Four: Screening and Assessments
- Lesson Five: Goals and Program Design
- Lesson Six: Nutrition and Healthy Weight Management
- Module III Business Plan/Application
- Lesson One: Specialization to Expand and Monetize Your Heath/Fitness Career
- Lesson Two: Strategies to Market your Respiratory Disease Fitness Specialist Certification
- Lesson Three: How to Network and Formulate Local and National Relationships to Expand your Reach
- Appendices and Exercise Library
Course Delivery and Assessment
This is an online, self-paced course; all materials are delivered digitally. This course includes narrated slide videos, printable PDF file of the slides, self-study exercises, supplemental reading materials and references. Comprehension of the material will be measured via a mandatory competency assessment requiring a minimum of 80% correct responses.
The completion of this specialization course, and the passing of its corresponding competency assessment, leads to a Certificate of Specialization. All of the online courses on MedFit Classroom which lead to a Certificate of Specialization are considered advanced level education, and are meant to be taken by fitness professionals who have previously acquired education and experience as a professional within the health and fitness industry. In order to receive the Certificate of Specialization, upon completion of this course you will be asked to provide proof of the following:
- Evidence of a bachelor’s or master’s degree in fitness or health related field AND/OR possess a certification from a nationally-recognized certification, NCCA or ANSI/ISO accredited program AND
- Evidence of professional liability insurance.
*If you do not meet the requirements for a Certificate of Specialization, you can request a Certificate of Completion.
Renewal of Specialization
This Certificate of Specialization will be considered valid for a period of two years. To keep the certificate current, you must complete 10 hours of continuing education, on relevant subject matter, and formally renew the certificate prior to the date of its expiration. As with many certifications and specializations in our field, professionals should anticipate some costs to continuing education and renewal of this certificate.
MedFit Classroom CEUs
The Respiratory Disease Fitness Specialist course provides 10 CEUs toward renewal of MedFit Classroom fitness specializations.
Other Continuing Education Credits
- Approved for credit by canfitpro for 4 CECs.
- Approved for credit by ISSA for 14 CEUs.
- Approved for credit by NASM for 1.4 CEUs.
- Pending credit approval by ACE. If you finish the course before approval is granted, or you have a certifying body not listed, MedFit Classroom can help you petition for credit.
About the Course Author
Known as the trainers’ trainer, CarolAnn has become one of the country’s leading fitness educators, authors, and national presenters. Combining a Master’s degree in Exercise Science/Health Promotion with several fitness certifications/memberships such as FiTOUR, ACSM, ACE, AFAA, and LMI, she has been actively involved in the fitness industry for over 25 years.
She has executed her leadership and business skills within her career through various positions such as Wellness/Fitness Coordinator, General Manager, and Studio Owner. She specializes in teaching functional movement, pilates, yoga, TRX, HIIT, weight management, and behavior modification. She is the creator and star of The Steel Physique Fitness on Demand series. She is a freelance health & fitness expert content provider for various companies and organizations such as eHOW.com and LiveStrong.com. She is currently the Founder and Director of Education for Chiseled Faith, a Faith Based Health and Fitness Program for churches.