Free Course Launch Webinar: Cardiac R.E.H.A.B. Fitness Specialist
Completely free webinar from MedFit Classroom!
MedFit Classroom is pleased to announce the launch of a new online specialization course, Cardiac R.E.H.A.B. Fitness Specialist
Join course author Pat VanGalen, MS, for this free webinar presentation to learn about this exciting new course!
During the webinar, Pat will:
- Provide an overview of the course.
- Discuss the benefits of up-leveling your education and completing this specialization.
- Answer questions from live attendees.
This webinar was live broadcast in July 2022. Any offers or discounts mentioned during the webinar may no longer be active.
About the Course
Full online course available for purchase here: medfitclassroom.org/product/cardiac-r-e-h-a-b-fitness-specialist-online-course
Restore Energy, Heartiness, Aspirations & Benchmarks
Fitness professionals are an integral extension of Phase III-IV cardiac rehab programs. We coach the client to move and perform better in their game of life, beyond their cardiac history, co-morbidities and risk factors. People don’t live to be safe and healthy; they live safer and healthier to live life to the fullest.
Our coaching transfers to real life outside the gym, and that’s why people seek out our services. So for those with a cardiac history, our goal is to fortify their body, mind and spirit, so that they CAN live, labor, work, caregive, play and compete with confidence, competence and automaticity in their environments of choice. We bolster their buffer, boosting their protective factors, while adding purpose to living life and enhancing all aspects of well-being.
In this course, Pat VanGalen will help you fine-tune your coaching skills, due diligence practices, intake info, screening/assessments and programming systems to optimize living life for this client. You’ll better understand the latest wearables in monitoring and tracking, along with networking and communicating with medical professionals.
Beyond FITT and Rx, case studies addressing common cardiac conditions, meds and co-morbidities will be presented, along with Pat’s 7 S’s approach to building resilience, durability and robustness for the long haul.
About the Course Author
Pat VanGalen brings a unique blend of education, practical experience, common sense application, science and research to her lecturing, teaching, training and coaching. She launched her professional career 40+ years ago in physical education and coaching, then spent the next 10 years in corporate-industrial fitness, health promotion, cardiac rehab and injury risk reduction programming design, implementation and management.
Since 1990, Pat expanded her services to designing and teaching personal training and group exercise certification courses, providing continuing education credits, lecturing, tutoring, executive health coaching, and authoring lay and professional articles in Asia, Australia and the U.S. The last 25+ years, she has dedicated her expertise to changing the way and the pace at which we age. Pat’s rehab-to-performance experience and down-to-earth demeanor make her a dynamic, informative, inspiring, and very provocative speaker, trainer and coach.
Pat’s professional career spans the following:
- Lecturer, Tutor, Provider CEC workshops and certification courses in the U.S., Asia and Australia. [35+yrs]
- Personal Trainer and Lifestyle Coach [40+yrs]
- Manager / developer corporate/industrial/hospital health promotion, injury reduction and fitness programs [15+yrs]
- Group Instructor [40+yrs]
- Teacher / Coach / Strength & Cond Coach [20+ yrs]
Education & Certifications:
- ABD Functional Training in Post-Menopausal Women
- M.S. Physical Education: Exercise Science/Cardiac Rehabilitation
- B.S. Physical Education: Secondary/Coaching Emphasis
- CFSC Certified Functional Strength Coach
- FMS + FCS [Functional Movement Systems]
- ACSM ETT and CPT
- Network [Australia] Professional Strength Training Certification Examiner
- AASFP [Asia]
- LEARN / COOPER Clinic Lifestyle Counselor in Weight Management
- ACE Lifestyle & Weight Consultant, Personal Trainer, Group Exercise Instructor
- TRX, Slide, Spin, ++++