Working with Clients with Diabetes or Prediabetes
Level 2: Intermediate
This course is sold off-site by Fitness Learning Systems (FLS).
Please use the promotional code MFEF20 to receive 20% off the full retail price of $149.00. This offer is valid until December 31, 2019.
Author: Dr. Sheri Colberg, Ph.D., FACSM
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Review the basics about diabetes, including the types and potential health complications.
- Learn more about insulin resistance and exercise effects, as well as cardio exercise precautions and different types of training appropriate for diabetes.
- Understand the effects of oral diabetes medications, food, energy drinks, and vitamins in people with diabetes or prediabetes.
- Learn how to monitor exercise intensity, avoid exercise-related blood glucose lows, and whether the latest training trends are appropriate for your clients.
- Course Text (Download PDF)
- 7 online videos
- 50 Question Multiple Choice Online Exam (75% or better required to pass exam)
Prerequisites: Working with Clients with Diabetes or Prediabetes Level 1
|6.0||American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)|
|6.0||American Fitness Professional Association (AFPA)|
|6.0||Aquatic Exercise Association (AEA)|
|0.6||Aquatic Therapy & Rehabilitation Institute (ATRI)|
|6.0||International Sports Sciences Association (ISSA)|
|3.0||National Council on Strength & Fitness (NCSF)|
|6.0||National Strength Professionals Association (NSPA)|
|6.0||Sara’s City Workout (SCW)|