Stress Management Exercise Specialist ™
Specialist Certificate for Health and Fitness Professionals
Expand Your Income Potential: Specialize!
This course is sold off-site by Fitness Learning Systems (FLS).
Become a Stress Management Exercise Specialist™ (SMES) to offer personal and group training for stress management, instruct the Mindful Stretch™ classes, offer one on one meditation sessions, use aromatherapy, and to coach your clients in stress management techniques. Programs can be customized for your clients and used to help enhance medical programs and manage chronic disease. The program teaches you several methods, including traditional stretches, to move positive energy through the body and initiate the relaxation response. Expand your career and move your clients to better and sustainable levels of health and well-being by adding stress management to your programs keeping your clients coming back for more.
Credentialing for this program also includes:
- Mindful Stretch™ Classes: a gentle class designed to elicit the relaxation response in a different way from yoga or Pilates. The class blends relaxation with stretching and aromatherapy scents, formatted in a way to allow participants to achieve a total state of stress relief.
- R.E.L.A.X.™ Program: this credential also allows you to work with the R.E.L.A.X.™ program which can be used in your fitness facility, with your at home clients, or at your place of employment. R.E.L.A.X.™ is a new generation of Mind/Body programming for the health and fitness industry.
- Affiliation and Marketing: you will become an affiliate and will have access to use the logo, name, and marketing materials!
To become a Stress Management Exercise Specialist™ (SMES) you must currently be a physician, nurse, physical therapist, occupational therapist, chiropractor, recreational therapist, health educator, massage therapist, athletic trainer, fitness specialist or a personal trainer. If you believe your profession may qualify for becoming an SMES, please contact us and we will be happy to review your credentials.
Please note that we do not certify individuals to become group fitness instructors or personal trainers. You must already have a primary certification if you want to be hired by a gym. You may, however, instruct classes at your place of employment or for your at home clients upon completion of the course.
The course was also developed to help health and fitness professionals cope with their own stress. You will learn about stress and different techniques to help you cope. As health and fitness professionals, you are always giving to others, however, you need stress management also.
Once you are certified, your certification is good for two years. Please read below for our continuing education requirements. It is important that each instructor is up to date with current information on fitness and stress management.
Education Level: Intermediate to Advanced
Prerequisites Recommended: Students must already be a personal trainer or have a degree in the Exercise Science field.
Target Audience: Health-Fitness Professionals
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Create a customized stress management programs.
- Learn how to assess patients/clients and appropriately classify them.
- Learn to incorporate stress management coaching.
- Choose appropriate modalities for each patient/client.
- Learn how to incorporate all of our modalities into the services you already provide.
- Incorporate holistic modalities into your services.
- Learn how to work with special populations such as: Cancer, Arthritis, PTSD, Fibromyalgia, Parkinson’s and many more.
Continuing Education credit is included in the price of this specialist certificate program. Successful completion course online exam and practical exam is required to receive continuing education and to be awarded the Specialist Training Certificate of completion.
|16.00||American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)|
|16.00||American Fitness Professional Association (AFPA)|
|PEND||Aquatic Exercise Association (AEA)|
|PEND||Aquatic Therapy and Rehab Institution (ATRI)|
|PEND||International Sports Sciences Association (ISSA)|
|PEND||National Council on Strength & Fitness (NCSF)|
|16.00||National Strength Professionals Association (NSPA)|
|16.00||Sara’s City Workout (SCW)|