Alzheimer’s Disease Prevention and Intervention
This course is sold off-site from World Instructor Training Schools.
At this time, there is no cure for fatal Alzheimer’s disease and prevention is key to avoiding this 6th leading cause of death in the U.S. Fitness has been found through research to be instrumental in prevention. As the world population continues to grow and live longer, the issues of accompanying cognitive decline, dementia, and fatal Alzheimer’s disease are becoming more prevalent, significantly impacting quality of life, health care systems, and the economy of many countries. This specialist certificate prepares you to provide valuable intervention for clients with the disease, and to help others prevent and delay cognitive decline.
Course Learning Outcomes:
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Discuss the statistics and impact of Alzheimer ’s disease.
- Identify 4 definitions related to cognitive decline.
- Identify 8 risk factors for Alzheimer’s disease.
- Describe the symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease and 5 treatment options.
- Discuss the 4 Pillars of Prevention for Alzheimer’s disease.
- Explain 2 forms of preventive mental exercise.
- Identify the 3 levels of exercise intervention.
- Discuss research related to exercise and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Explain exercise guidelines and challenges related to Alzheimer’s disease.